The 'B' Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for everything parenting related, from bumps, birth and babies, to trying to concieve and parenting. The 'B' word is for parents and parents to be to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cross country with Tricky

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tricky31212
Tricky31212

Cross country with Tricky Empty
PostSubject: Cross country with Tricky   Cross country with Tricky EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Well, we successfully moved from California to Tennessee last week with no real problems! That's pure luck considering 5 cats, a dog, and a nearly 4 month old. LO was GREAT, besides getting tired of being in the carseat for 2,500 miles. We set out last Tuesday and made it to my parents' house (about an hour from our new home) on Saturday afternoon. So glad the trip is done! I am so proud of LO and how well he did. My parents have been helping us with projects, unpacking, and watching LO while we get stuff taken care of. We told the ILs that they need to come see us, since we are only 2 hours away and we drove for 40 hours! Plus, LO doesn't need to be in a carseat anytime soon...poor guy.

LO started squealing and "Ga-ga" and "goo goo" on the trip. Was so much fun!!

(And holy crap, the website has changed since we left for our trip!)
Back to top Go down
http://warditude.wordpress.com
Charlotteb24
Admin
Admin
Charlotteb24

PostSubject: Re: Cross country with Tricky   Cross country with Tricky EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:37 pm

Congrats on finally getting moved! Sounds like LO was an angel! Adorable pic btw Smile

Board has changed a bit, lol and may change again still trying to get it perfect.

Did you do the whole thing in the car? How's the un packing going?
Back to top Go down
https://thebword.forumotion.co.uk
alien_babe2300
alien_babe2300

PostSubject: Re: Cross country with Tricky   Cross country with Tricky EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:46 pm

Gosh, you're a braver person than me. That is a LONG way to travel. I dread the thought of a 1 hour bus journey with LO let alone a 40 car journey with him.

I reckon you deserve all sorts prizes for that one. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Heyy
Heyy

PostSubject: Re: Cross country with Tricky   Cross country with Tricky EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:28 am

And she had5 cats and a dog in the car!

You need to do a new video of him gooing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charlotteb24
Admin
Admin
Charlotteb24

PostSubject: Re: Cross country with Tricky   Cross country with Tricky EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:41 am

Wow! That's almost like the car version of Noah's ark lol! That must have been hectic!
Back to top Go down
https://thebword.forumotion.co.uk
Tricky31212
Tricky31212

PostSubject: Re: Cross country with Tricky   Cross country with Tricky EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:48 am

It was pretty crazy. We had all 5 cats in a large dog crate that we modified to 2 stories. We only let them out one night at a hotel...and decided that was too much of a pain. The dog rode with my dad in the moving van. The most hectic part of it was loading and unloading...and sneaking a large covered box that meowed into a hotel. But, we didn't get caught. Smile We did leave some litter behind on the floor in every room, but if there was an issue I was planning on saying my dog was litter box trained (it happens!).

The last 2 days Patrick was just NOT having his carseat, so most of my time was spent either turned around getting his pacifier or holding his hand...some times I sat in the back seat but it was SO cramped due to the large crate in the back of the van.

He actually started sleeping for 7-8-9 hour stretches at night on this trip....I'm sure my dad was thankful! I was thinking it was only going to be while we were driving because he couldn't nap real well in the carseat. But, the trend has continued! Woohoo!

I'll take a video once he starts doing it more consistently. The back of my phone must be real interesting, because I pull it out and he just stops and stares at it!
Back to top Go down
http://warditude.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cross country with Tricky   Cross country with Tricky Empty

Back to top Go down

Cross country with Tricky
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 'B' Word :: Babies :: Baby Group-
Jump to: