The 'B' Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for everything parenting related, from bumps, birth and babies, to trying to concieve and parenting. The 'B' word is for parents and parents to be to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Co-sleeping

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Heyy
Heyy

Co-sleeping Empty
PostSubject: Co-sleeping   Co-sleeping EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:04 am

How old did you/will you let your baby sleep with you?
In your bed, or in an attachment?
How about just in your room?

The twins are my 3rd and 4th babies, and luckily my husband sees that what I did with the older ones is what works best for me and what I feel works best for the child- which is 50% co-sleeping and their bed in our room- I have been very lucky in him in that way, he has been so easy and accommodating in accepting my parenting style and I love him all the more for it Wink

I use the term "our room" in a completely different light now- Hubby sleeps in the living room until the girls and I get up, then transfers to the bedroom. Even though he still does sleep in there, he doesn't sleep with me or us, so I guess TECHNICALLY it's still his room, too lol- I think my mind has changed the "our" part from mine and my husband's to mine and our babies - and while I miss sleeping next to my husband, this just works better all the way around for now- It won't be for much longer (Until they are in a big bed Smile ) and we are both foresighted enough to know this is a SMALL part of our lives together-
Back to top Go down
Charlotteb24
Admin
Admin
Charlotteb24

Co-sleeping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Co-sleeping   Co-sleeping EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:24 am

I've said it before and I will say it again you are so lucky to have an OH that is so considerate and understand and respects you that much as a mum to allow you to do that.
I have never really co slept as such with either. When William was small and had real bad reflux an colic we spent a fair few nights on the sofa asleep on my chest as he was more settled but that was knocked on the head as e got bigger and now he would never stay still enough to sleep like that! He loves his bed too much.

If it works for you then that's what's right Smile
Back to top Go down
https://thebword.forumotion.co.uk
Heyy
Heyy

Co-sleeping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Co-sleeping   Co-sleeping EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 5:09 am

we're having a hard time giving up co-sleeping- the girls are just 20 months old, and I feel like none of us are ready. They do still sleep in a crib together the first part of the night- but one always ends up with me around midnight, the other joining us between 2-4 usually - and it's so cute, they alternate for me so I don't have to feel guilty about one getting more snuggle time than the other Smile Hubby is still okay with the arrangement, so we'll be keeping it up until we are all ready to transition to the next phase- I figure as long as they are in their own bed by the time they start school Laughing

Any co=sleepers out there? At what are did you transition?
Back to top Go down
Heyy
Heyy

Co-sleeping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Co-sleeping   Co-sleeping EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:25 pm

the girlies are 21 months old now, and in my bed full time as of the day before Christmas when they broke their crib Rolling Eyes Hubby and I have been talking about it and we will be getting them their own bed within the next few weeks, but we both feel like they benefit from sleeping with me - they sleep longer in the mornings, less fitful at night, and are generally in a better mood. Also, with me not getting up and down with them all night, even if they wake I just have to reach out a hand, I am getting more rest and am functioning better! So, when their own bed does come along, the THREE of us will be shifting over and Hubby will be moving into our bed full time, and I guess we'll just take it from there Smile
Back to top Go down
Heyy
Heyy

Co-sleeping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Co-sleeping   Co-sleeping EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 2:59 am

At 22 months, we are still co-sleeping 3 across every night- We love it, hubby supports it- my teenagers are proud of it and explain to their friends what the benefits of co-sleeping with your little ones has- But I am SO TIRED of my mother nagging me about it! Ugh! Every time I talk to her she asks if I have moved them to their own bed, and if I plan on allowing them to sleep alone before they're in high school. I hate feeling like I am defending my parenting choices to her. I finally told her last night that no matter how many times she nags me about it, I'm not going to change how I do things, including co-sleeping, and the only thing she's accomplishing is pissing me off! Maybe that will work Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Co-sleeping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Co-sleeping   Co-sleeping Empty

Back to top Go down

Co-sleeping
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 'B' Word :: Parenting Resources & Support :: Alternative Parenting-
Jump to: