The 'B' Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for everything parenting related, from bumps, birth and babies, to trying to concieve and parenting. The 'B' word is for parents and parents to be to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie to forum and Happy New Year to you all

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jademerald

Newbie to forum and Happy New Year to you all Empty
PostSubject: Newbie to forum and Happy New Year to you all   Newbie to forum and Happy New Year to you all EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 10:59 pm

Hi there

Saw a link on a cloth nappy group so thought I would pop in and say hi. I'm Jademerald aka Anna and I am 17+1 weeks with my first baby at a tender age of 44! Originally hubby and I decided that as we got together and married late we were not going to have kids but both changed our minds and set to it - hit the target first time in trying so very much a miracle for us and still a bit stunned its happened so quick!

I will be a working mum only plan to have six months mat leave as I can't take more time off as I am the main breadwinner (well for the time being) with the market so bad out there my hubby is doing what he can in whatever job he can get to bring the readies in. Hopefully 2013 will be our year not just in meeting our bub but also for a tide turning change in our circumstances and he finally gets into a role that he wants to do with some decent money.

I live in Kent and I commute to London to work (approx over 2 hours journey each way) mad I know! I am also mad about cats and I'm a fosterer for Cats Protection League. I am keen to use cloth nappies when the bub arrives. Been doing a lot of research. Not doing this purely for the eco side of things but more from a financial standpoint too - there is so much choice out there!

Anyways better stop nattering as going to take the decs down and do some housework - my 1st trimester was awful in not having any energy to do anything so I have a lot to make up for lol!

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Happy New Year!

Very Happy
xx

Back to top Go down
Heyy
Heyy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to forum and Happy New Year to you all   Newbie to forum and Happy New Year to you all EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 3:01 am

Welcome Jade, and congrats! How long have you and your hubby been together? Wow- that's some commute! What type of work do you do?

I'm a more seasoned mom, myself- I'll be 40 this May- I have 4 kids, 20, 16, and my twins are turning two in April Smile

Back to top Go down
alien_babe2300
alien_babe2300

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to forum and Happy New Year to you all   Newbie to forum and Happy New Year to you all EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 3:38 am

Wow. Hi and welcome. You couldn't have picked a better forum to be a newbie in. ;-) Glad you joined us.
Back to top Go down
Charlotteb24
Admin
Admin
Charlotteb24

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to forum and Happy New Year to you all   Newbie to forum and Happy New Year to you all EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 3:59 am

Welcome jade to our community Smile so glad you decided to join us! Look forward to getting to know you!
We use nothing but cloth nappies so any questions you have then don't hesitate to ask!

Congratulations on your pregnancy and I'm sorry you have had such an awful first trimester! Here's to a happy and health rest of your pregnancy!

Looking forwards to seeing you about Smile xx
Back to top Go down
https://thebword.forumotion.co.uk
MummyDJ
MummyDJ

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to forum and Happy New Year to you all   Newbie to forum and Happy New Year to you all EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:23 am

Hi! All the people on here are really welcoming and I hope you find them as friendly as I have. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jademerald

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to forum and Happy New Year to you all   Newbie to forum and Happy New Year to you all EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:23 am

Thank you everyone for your welcoming messages Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to forum and Happy New Year to you all   Newbie to forum and Happy New Year to you all Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie to forum and Happy New Year to you all
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 'B' Word :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: