The 'B' Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for everything parenting related, from bumps, birth and babies, to trying to concieve and parenting. The 'B' word is for parents and parents to be to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frozen apples

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Heyy
Heyy

Frozen apples Empty
PostSubject: Frozen apples   Frozen apples EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 5:04 am

We have the luxury of living in an area of California where we can get apples just about all year round- however, certain times of the year they seem to just come out our ears! I cut apples with an apple slicer, then dice the slices, leaving the skin on- put the in the bottom of a pot and add some 100% no sugar added apple juice and some ground cinnamon (My girls love cinnamon, so I get pretty heavy handed with it!) and bring up to a boil- reduce heat, cover and simmer until the apples get soft and most of the juices are simmered off- Let cool, then put into small freezer bags and lay flat to freeze- this way the layer of frozen apples is thin enough to break pieces off when you want them! We add them to oatmeal (Make plain oatmeal with 100% apple juice and add the frozen apples and a little butter Mmmmmmmmmmmm) to smoothies, to cobblers, or just defrost some and have for a dessert!

Back to top Go down
Hawick_1987

Frozen apples Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen apples   Frozen apples EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 12:14 am

I live in the U.K. where apples are mostly imported. I'd have to say freezing them would be almost a mental health issue here!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down

Frozen apples
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 'B' Word :: Parenting Resources & Support :: The Cookery Book-
Jump to: