The 'B' Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for everything parenting related, from bumps, birth and babies, to trying to concieve and parenting. The 'B' word is for parents and parents to be to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boosting immunity

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlotteb24
Admin
Admin
Charlotteb24

Boosting immunity Empty
PostSubject: Boosting immunity   Boosting immunity EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Anyone know of any natural methods of boosting a child immunity? Williams immune system is broken lol! I have started junior echinacea and starfish oil. Anything else any good? Oh and he has multi vitamins.
Back to top Go down
https://thebword.forumotion.co.uk
Heyy
Heyy

Boosting immunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boosting immunity   Boosting immunity EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:18 am

Increase fruits and veggies, especially green veg

Decrease junk food and foods heavy in nitrates and preservatives, such as hot dogs, lunch meat or foods processed and dyed like most cheeses- also decrease sugar!

Increase fatty Omega-3 acids- found in fish- but you can get supplements, too- just make sure they are made for LOs!

Be sure his vitamin is high in vitamin A

Back to top Go down
Charlotteb24
Admin
Admin
Charlotteb24

Boosting immunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boosting immunity   Boosting immunity EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:38 am

Thanks hun, I shall check. He loves cheese so that could be a hard one, he eats a lot of fresh foods so I guess it's just a case of adapting what we already do!

Just looked at the back of his vitamins and t says it contains 25% RDA of vitamin A so may buy a different one next time!
Back to top Go down
https://thebword.forumotion.co.uk
alien_babe2300
alien_babe2300

Boosting immunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boosting immunity   Boosting immunity EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 7:57 am

A healthy diet does wonders.

Fatty Acids (in veggie oils, nuts and oily fish) are one of the few nutritional needs our bodies can't produce on their own. They build good immune systems, strengthen muscles, increase energy and lower the chance of infections.

Of course fruit and veg play the ultimate role in any diet. Limit salt, bad fats and sugar. Apparently sugar can lower the effectiveness of the immune system by up to 50%!!

Here's what I found for RDA for salt intake:

7 to 12 months: 1 g per day
1 to 3 years: 2 g per day
4 to 6 years: 3 g per day
7 to 10 years: 5 g per day
11 to 14 years: 6 g per day

Remember that young kids can have up to 12 colds a year while their immune system is building itself up. I think the average for a kid before starting school is about 8 and increases when they start school.

It might seem a little strange but exposure. The more colds and little illnesses William catches and fends off now, the stronger his immune system will be as he gets older.
Back to top Go down
Anurag M

Boosting immunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boosting immunity   Boosting immunity EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:37 am

Serve more fruits and vegetables, Guard against germ spread, Banish secondhand smoke, Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boosting immunity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boosting immunity   Boosting immunity Empty

Back to top Go down

Boosting immunity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 'B' Word :: Parenting Resources & Support :: Natural Parenting-
Jump to: