The 'B' Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for everything parenting related, from bumps, birth and babies, to trying to concieve and parenting. The 'B' word is for parents and parents to be to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got Multiples?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Heyy
Heyy

Got Multiples? Empty
PostSubject: Got Multiples?   Got Multiples? EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 6:50 am

Mother of 14 1/2 month twins, Charlotte and Rochelle- They are amazing, maddening, frustrating, precious, loving, wild, sweet, and PERFECT sunny

Anyone else with twins or more?
Back to top Go down
hawalkden

Got Multiples? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Multiples?   Got Multiples? EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 7:09 am

Sounds amazing to have twins. We've got one who's 7 months and one on the way. I do have twins on my side of the family and OH was and still is petrifed thinking there's 2 in there. He did when my son was born he thought the consultant missed one and he still thinks one can be hiding in there. Bless. Haha.

Congrats on the next bumpo too Smile
Back to top Go down
Heyy
Heyy

Got Multiples? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Multiples?   Got Multiples? EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 10:59 am

Uh, no more bumbos for me! lol You might be thinking of Wiggler?
Back to top Go down
Charlotteb24
Admin
Admin
Charlotteb24

Got Multiples? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Multiples?   Got Multiples? EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 10:29 pm

Was gonna say you kept that one quiet heyy! Lol x
Back to top Go down
https://thebword.forumotion.co.uk
Heyy
Heyy

Got Multiples? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Multiples?   Got Multiples? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:32 am

LOL! Yeah, NO!

I am the one with the tubal that has now talked her husband into a vasectomy, remember? Razz
Back to top Go down
Charlotteb24
Admin
Admin
Charlotteb24

Got Multiples? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Multiples?   Got Multiples? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:04 am

Ah yeh Smile I remember because I remember saying that not many men would do that! My other half would go green at the thought lol!
Back to top Go down
Heyy
Heyy

Got Multiples? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Multiples?   Got Multiples? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:44 am

OMG, I know why the confusion! I posted in the I'm Pregnant thread *facepalm- Sorry about that- it says Ican't wait to see every one ELSES posts in there!
Back to top Go down
Heyy
Heyy

Got Multiples? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Multiples?   Got Multiples? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:41 am

The girlies are 20 months old now- more and more of a handful and a blessing every day! I am continually finding things that are more difficult or just plain different with two. Christmas shopping is the new bane of my existence. We recently had our double stroller meet an untimely end (Thank you, landscape company, for randomly fixing the sprinklers under our stairs even though there is A. NO vegetation under there and B. hasn't worked in 3 years. Oh, and thanks for informing me you fixed the sprinkler where I had my stroller stored and the neighbor had their bike. Rust and mold were the perfect accessory we were looking for. Mad ) and most of the stores around here don't have carts for two- ONE store has the cart with the little car on it that you can put two little ones in, and there's no buckles. One other store has ONE cart with the double extension, it is never available (although every time I see it being used there is only ONE child in it No ) - my girls have also outgrown their wraps and carriers- leaving me with no way to contain them when out by myself, and I can not even fathom the havoc these two could wreck on a store if loose! LOL I have a new sling on order- so I can at least go back to my one in a cart, wearing one method-
Until then, I am back to being trapped in my apartment with them :/ Oh well, we have colds and should be in anyway, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Charlotteb24
Admin
Admin
Charlotteb24

Got Multiples? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Multiples?   Got Multiples? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:06 am

After having experience with helping mums with newborn twins now I take my hat off to you, they are so different to having one baby at a time. When they are small an feeding 3 hourly or less they never need feeding at the same time and the poor mum ends up with something like 30 mins between feeds!

If I could ship out my tandem double pushchair to you I would! Lol!

I can't believe how quickly our babies are growing up! William is 18 months as he was due end of may and came start of June!

Are the girls still best of friends or are they becoming more independent?
Back to top Go down
Heyy
Heyy

Got Multiples? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Multiples?   Got Multiples? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:44 am

They are still very much the best of friends - even when they play separately, they sit back to back Smile
Thanks for the kudos- I get a little heckled when people (Like my MIL, tbh) say they might as well have had twins because their LOs were 15 months apart, etc- Yes, it's hard to have babies that close, but it is SO different having two EXACTLY the same age and development stage!
Back to top Go down
Charlotteb24
Admin
Admin
Charlotteb24

Got Multiples? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Multiples?   Got Multiples? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:19 am

I would have said that too a few months ago if I'm honest but not after doing a night shift a while back when we had a full unit with 3 sets of twins to look after all in our office to feed and look after whilst the mums got rested up. It was crazy! The night went quick though Smile

That's so cute! William has a friend who is 3 days older than him and they play so lovely together, have their own language etc its so sweet. I can imagine it being slightly similar to your girls.
Back to top Go down
Heyy
Heyy

Got Multiples? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Multiples?   Got Multiples? EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 3:54 pm

I managed to get out of the house today 100% by ourselves Very Happy I can't tell you what a HUGE accomplishment this is in my world! Fist time EVER without help up and down the stairs! I usually feel so trapped here (Upstairs Condo with steep cement stairs) and can only leave if I make arrangements for the teenager to be home or have a neighbor come help! This opens up a whole new world...
Back to top Go down
Heyy
Heyy

Got Multiples? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Multiples?   Got Multiples? EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 4:46 am

One of the things to keep in mind when you have multiples, is the need to buy 2x (or 3x, or 4!) of everything. This may seem like a no brainer, but have you really considered what that means? I'm not talkin diapers and clothes- we hopefully have that all figured out! I mean things like car seats, cribs, beds/bedding, high chairs, and so on. The expense is astronomical- and it's not the same as just having 2 or 3 differently aged kids. then, you can spread out the big purchases as needed. With multiples, chances are you will NEED these things at the exact same time. We are staring buying new car seats in the face. Within the next 2 or 3 months, the seats we bought less than 6 months ago will be too small- (See my thread about raising giants! lol) and our next option is a seat by Britax that accommodates tall babies - the CHEAPEST i have found them is $220. EACH. For a family on a shoestring budget, this is a huge amount to come up with! We also, in the next 2 to 3 months have to buy them a new bed, bedding, a guard for the window, and a few other necessities *Deep sigh
The bed and bedding we will divide up and take out of a couple paychecks. The window guard will be on order as of Monday- and the car seats? Well, we're trying to budget for them out of our tax return, or at least part of them so it doesn't pinch so much when we end up with a $500 ticket at the register.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Got Multiples? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Multiples?   Got Multiples? Empty

Back to top Go down

Got Multiples?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 'B' Word :: Groups :: Parenting Groups-
Jump to: