The 'B' Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for everything parenting related, from bumps, birth and babies, to trying to concieve and parenting. The 'B' word is for parents and parents to be to meet.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents?

Go down 
3 posters

Should parenting classes be compulsory?
Yes
Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents? I_vote_lcap0%Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No
Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents? I_vote_lcap50%Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Maybe
Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents? I_vote_lcap50%Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Babysdust

Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents? Empty
PostSubject: Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents?   Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:16 pm

It would be very difficult to wheedle it down to just a certain section of the population so therefore as we have so many children now that are going to school at the age of 4 who can't even talk properly, should parenting classes become compulsory from birth right the way through with more annual and monthly or even weekly checks on parents whose children are not meeting the requirements?

I am so sick f seeing children with poor personal skills, who can't talk, who are behind by so much before they have even stepped foot into their reception year at school coming through our schooling systems. Not only does their lack of upbringing cost them dearly, it also means that the other pupils in the class who are up to scratch are left to ester whilst the teacher spends their time working with the children who need the most support all because at home they are not getting what they need.

Obviously in this I am not picking on the children with genuine learning difficulties such as disleyxics just children's whose problems literally stem from poor parenting.
Back to top Go down
alien_babe2300
alien_babe2300

PostSubject: Re: Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents?   Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 8:05 am

It's an interesting thought and it would provide good advice and practical ideas.

However, I can't help but feel that it should be a "compulsory if you need extra help" thing. There are plenty of parents out there who are fully capable of bringing their children up to the best of the child's ability and would probably feel offended at any suggestion otherwise.

I agree with more frequent visits from health visitors or similar as I haven't had a visit since Louis was 6 weeks old and for all they know he could be living in a filthy cesspit and surviving off pop tarts and cola. (he's not lol)

More frequent visits would help with knowing who to refer to parenting classes that, I agree, should be compulsory.
Back to top Go down
Babysdust

PostSubject: Re: Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents?   Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 8:23 pm

Some valid points there, I feel that health visitors need to make more visits then from what you have said, because parents who throw up their children with no manners or personal skills seem to be becoming the majority in so many areas at the moment.

I can't stand hearing, "oh its ok, i'll have another baby, won't have to work then for another 4 years." I really hope the government go ahead with their proposal of only supporting with benefits upto 3 children per household. I don't think thats wrong at all, if you are living off the state as your only source of income and having babies like there is no tomorrow, why should the support you beyond that number? without the benefits, would you be able to support them? no. Children will hopefully be brought into families that want them and want to be parents for more than just a ticket off work for a few years.
Back to top Go down
Charlotteb24
Admin
Admin
Charlotteb24

PostSubject: Re: Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents?   Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents? EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:20 am

I don't think guidelines would be a bad thing and right now at Noah's age I would love to think that some super nanny could come in and devise a behaviour plan for me lol!
Back to top Go down
https://thebword.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents?   Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should parenting classes be compulsory for all parents?
Page 1 of 1